Honored to be a finalist in the Winter 2017 Focus PHOTOLA Competition.
Ready for the lunch rush. Pete’s Breakfast House, Ventura, CA.
- Missing the B. Downtown Waxhaw, North Carolina.
8 lanes, no traffic. Bryant-Lake Bowl, Minneapolis, MN.
- 2 gables. Melville Hardware, Melville, Long Island, NY.
Two and a quarter dogs. Farmers Cooperative Gin, Buttonwillow, CA.
Filling the pool. Ranch Motel, Rice Hill, Oregon.
- Geraniums in bloom. Smitty’s Barber Shop, Seattle Washington.
Family booth. The Chili Hut, Santa Paula, CA.
One pink elephant. Papa Joe’s Fireworks, Hardeeville, SC
- Laundry and Cleaners neon. Broken Bow, Nebraska.
Apple and cherry today. Lil’s Kitchen, Arroyo Grande, CA.
Simple Cross. Casmalia Community Church, Casmalia, CA.
- 6 ajar. Rose Laundry, Salt Lake City, UT.
Always open. Randy’s Donuts, Inglewood, CA.
Norma Jean’s Restaurant, Columbia, Tennessee.
It was July 1998. On a roadtrip from Birmingham, Alabama to Nashville, Tennessee.
That day, I stopped the car in front of a tiny restaurant and went inside for a late lunch.
The place was deserted except for the dozens of empty baseball caps hanging on the wall.
Norma Jean made me an omelette, and after I finished eating, I went back out to the car and
grabbed my camera.
That day, a new project began.